I am so pleased to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Becky from Quinoa and Cookies. As the Liebster award is an award for new blogs with good content, I couldn’t be happier about accepting it, so thank you Becky for thinking of me! If you’re not familiar with the award, it’s basically all about getting to know new bloggers a bit better and spreading the good will further. So without further ado, I’ll get on with answering the questions that Becky asked me!
1. Why did you start blogging?
There are lots of reasons why I started blogging. But essentially it was because I really do love food, and I love to write and to combine the two seemed like, if nothing else, the perfect way to keep track of all my recipes to hand over later to my children.
2. Coffee or tea?
This is an easy one for me. I don’t really drink coffee because I think it leaves a horrid taste in your mouth, apart from those gorgeous extra tiny espressos that you get in places like Spain and Portugal. I’m a green tea addict. I can not function in the morning without at least one pot of it.
3. Where is your favourite place you have travelled?
Without sounding cliched, New York does have to be up there, or the coast line of northern Spain around San Sebastian or Bilbao.
4. What would be your superpower of choice?
The ability to fly would really help in my day to day life. That or to teleport. We have a lot of after school clubs to get to.
5. What is your least favourite chore?
This is also a hard one; chores and me don’t go together at all. But if I really had to pick one, it’d be cleaning out the dishwasher filter. In a house where everybody would skip the rinsing stage if they think I’m not looking, it has to be one of the most revolting jobs going.
6. What is your favourite season?
I was just having this conversation with one of my sons yesterday. He’s a winter or summer boy, but for me, this honestly all depends on what season I’m in. Each one is my favourite, and obviously right now I’m loving the wrapping up warm and get ready for Christmas feel everything has. The only thing I don’t really like (which we have more than our fair share of in the UK) is those drizzly wet days that don’t really know which season they belong to at all.
7. Who would play you in a movie?
Well, this is an impossible one to answer. Obviously, I’d love to say someone like Audrey Hepburn, but in reality, it’d probably be more like Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jones’ Diary.
8. Beach or mountains?
Easy, I’m a beach girl, but I married a mountain boy. Definitely the way to do it, it means extra holidays so everyone is happy.
9. What is your favorite cuisine?
If I really had to pick it would probably be Spanish, which I often think is vastly underrated.
10. If you could adopt any animal as a pet (and it would be happy and healthy and safe, etc), what would you pick?
A horse, without a doubt.
11. What is your number one guilty pleasure?
It s a toss up between dark chocolate or red wine. But there’s no guilt involved, maybe it would be a bit better if there was!
Now for the 11 random facts about myself:
1. I am British but was born in Malta.
2. My favourite author is P.G.Wodehouse, I really could spend all day reading and laughing with one of his books.
3. My husband is German, and when we married I didn’t speak a word of it. The family are still laughing some of the mistakes I made now.
4. I did a French degree, then met said German. I now struggle to remember even the most basic French. When I go to speak it, random german words come out.
5. I have lived in Frankfurt and New York (and Brussels if you count the third year at university) but would love to travel some more.
6. Despite having three sons who all love it, I have never watched Star Wars. I kept this to myself for years; it’s only recently that I realised that there are more of us out there…
7. Going running puts me in good mood.
8. I am definitely not a morning person, and to be honest, I think people who are are a little bit strange. Maybe it’s the not drinking coffee thing? Perhaps I should start.
9. I have never learnt to do a head first dive into a pool. Even my 6 year old does a better job than I’d be able to.
10. I love the film adaptation of A Room with a View by E. M. Forster. I could watch it every week, and bore my family to death by quoting large sections of it.
11. Maybe I’m too British, but writing 11 random facts about myself is one of the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever had to do!
So that’s my questions out of the way, on to the questions I like to ask my nominees:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your favourite film of all time?
3. If you could go anywhere right now where would it be?
4. What’s the one thing you can’t do without?
5. How do you brighten up a bad day?
6. What food could you not live without?
7. Are you a sweet or savoury person?
8. Which three famous people (alive or dead) would you invite around for dinner?
9. Have you got any new year’s resolutions?
10. What three things would you take with you to a dessert island?
11. What’s your favourite album?
Here are my nominations for the award, I can’t wait to hear your answers and random facts about yourself!
The Shameless Housewife
Girl Gone Mild
Here’s a quick reminder of the rules:
1. Create a post dedicated to the award, linking back to your nomination, and display the award in the post, or elsewhere on your blog. (A google search for The Liebster Award will give you bunch of images to choose from!)
2. Answer the eleven questions I provided, then include eleven random facts about yourself — remember, the goal is to get to know your fellow bloggers a little bit better.
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, and have fewer than 1,000 followers.
4. Create a list of new questions for your nominees, and explain the rules in your own post.
5. Let your nominees know via a comment on their blog, and have fun!